Long Reindeer Sledding, Feeding and Sami Culture
NOK 1590 per person
Pickup in the city centre before you can enjoy a short, seaside drive (around 25 minutes from the city) to where the reindeer and sleds are waiting. Join Sami guides for an unforgettable experience of reindeer sledding (approx. 35 minutes) and Sami culture.
After the sledding you will visit their camp and have a chance to feed the herd of around 200 reindeer. Then you will gather inside the lavuu (Sami tent) for a hot traditional Sami meal and listen to stories about Sami culture around the camp fire. The guide will also joik for the guests (traditional Sami song).
At the camp, you will also be able to participate in the daily feeding and tending of the animals. The herder and his family will tell you about their culture and history, and how their way of life fits in around the reindeer.
Adults: 1,590 NOK | Children (6-12): 895 NOK | Children (under 6): FREE
- Pick up from Radisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø City Centre at 10 am and 25 min drive to Reindeer Camp
- 35 minute Reindeer Sledding
- Feeding of wild Reindeer
- Guests can test lasso throwing (but not on real reindeer)
- Warm drinks inside a warm gamme (Traditional Sami Building).
- Warm lunch of bidos (a traditional Sami soup) with more coffee and cake (vegetarian option possible)
- Storytelling of Sami Culture
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø City Centre. Back in Tromsø at around 2pm
DepartureRadisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø
IncludedCoffee and snacksGuidingStorytelling and joikTransferWarm lunchWarm overalls and boots (if required)
Not Included50% discount next day if we don’t spot the lightsA drive by our one of our professional mushersBonfireDinnerGuided tour along the tripHot beverages and cookiesHot drinksHot drinks and snacksHot lunchInstructions on how to take photosKick start tips for a good photoPhotos from the tourPick-up and drop off at your accommodation on Tromsøya islandRain clothes and rubber bootsSandwiches (vegetarian options available)Scenic ViewsSnowshoes and polesThermal suits and boots (on request)Three course dinnerTour in a small group (max 8)TransportationTripodsWarm clothesWi-Fi on board